header-photo

Why 26 feels so different from 25

I just turned 26 around 16 minutes ago. And it feels so different from last year.

I am not sure why but I am somehow feeling the pressure. I only have 4 years before being 30 and it somehow makes me think if I am already doing concrete steps for me to achieve the things I want for myself.

10 years ago, around this time, I think I just received the news that I passed the entrance exam for the premiere state university in my country. I was overjoyed, thankful, blessed. There were so many possibilities and things to look forward to.

Fast forward to today, I am still thankful and blessed. Joyful, I guess so!
I can say that I am proud of what I have become in the past 10 years-of the things I have achieved, places I have been too, people I have met, things I have tried and accomplished. Who would have thought that I will brave a land where English is not really used in everyday life, and learn a completely new way of expressing myself. Who would have thought that I will be as independent as I am now when my mother used to do almost everything for me back when I was home.

Above all, I am proud of the fact that I have stayed real and true to my relationship with God, who is the Center and Source of everything. Congrats and Job well done, Lence. Thank You Lord!

I don't really feel that I changed a lot but I know I made changes for the better.
The challenge now is how will I be able to use these 4 years to achieve the remaining dreams I have.

//I want to blog more but I know I want to sleep for tomorrow.

Am I happy? Yes. and I could be happier if I start looking at the bright side of things more.
Am I satisfied? I want to do more. And I know I can do that with God's will, if I only start moving.

Time to move. Time to act. It's time to make things happen for me.

0 comments: